Sunday, December 20, 2009

Capitol Christmas Tree


I don't know why I am sooo into the Capitol Christmas tree this year, but I am...OK? This is my FIRST FULL year in D.C., January through December, and this ceremoniousness in December is hitting the spot.

Last week I hosted an Oregon Forestry Chief around the Hill, and well, of course we had to stop by the tree. Although the tree is from *Arizona* this year, she still appreciated it. Then, this week I was on the Hill a few days, visiting the Wyoming, Montana, and South Dakota offices and I took my Western guests to see the tree, as well. If we're walking from the House to Senate and back - "Let's see the tree!"

Thursday the Senate held a hearing for the bill I work on, a nice way to wrap up this year's campaign on it. I celebrated the end of a long week with a visit to "The Tree" and a farmfresh burger and toasted marshmellow milkshake at Good Stuff Eatery. This last visit they turned on the lights right as we walked up - allowing the best photo of the week (see above), with a still blue sky at dusk and the lights on. Merry Christmas! A great YEAR in D.C. and on the Hill.

Blizzard photos coming soon! Been trapped and content at the Hoang's in McLean for 3 days :)


Note: The plaque by the tree said it had traveled "4,600 miles" on its way from Arizona to D.C. Given that Arizona is around 2,300 miles away, why did it travel this many miles?!

Photos below: from DCist and Flickr Nivad




No comments: