
Seems like everyone has a favorite livefeed webcam these days. I need to step up to the trend. The most enthusiastic following I've seen so far is for the GrizzCam, at University of Montana. Check it out.
You can also watch Old Faithful on a webcam, as well as many National Park sites.
But the most controversial webcam this year is the LobsterCam, mainly because a certain Senator put the webcam on his list of "Worst Waste of the Year" for federal spending. Maine's Lobster Institute wrote a response, saying that the camera is run by volunteers and over the years the camera has cost them around $200. (article is on E&E Daily).
The Worst Waste of the Year is a great read, actually. I liked the entries for:
- Training for casino workers, Kansas City (p.9)
- Voicemail for the Homeless (p.9) (if you search the news, you'll see there's a reason why this is a good program).
- Program that teaches teens to make salsa, Cleveland (p. 10)
- Microchips in cactuses, Arizona (p. 16)
- IRS mailing stating that you'll receive your rebate, $42 million (p.14)

No comments:
Post a Comment